Alpert Studio of Violin Contract
Here are my expectations of all families and students within the studio. Please consider the list carefully before you agree to lessons within the studio.
Below 11 Years of age
1. A single caregiver “home teacher” per student is required.
2. Home teacher will attend all lessons and actively participate by taking notes
3. Home teacher will direct all practice sessions with 100% attention to task at hand
4. Home teacher is responsible to replicate lesson activities during the week
5. Practicing will be a priority activity with a minimum of 5 sessions per week
6. Total time practicing will be at least 2.5 hours per week
7. Practice chart and journal will be kept for each practice session and returned to the lesson for review
8. Caregiver can demonstrate proper violin posture
11 Years of Age or Above
1. Practicing will be a priority activity with a minimum of 5 sessions per week
2. Total time practicing will be at least 4.5 hours per week
3. Practice chart and journal will be kept for each practice session and returned to the lesson for review
All Students (and/or families)
1. Will include attend at least 4 live enrichment activities per year
2. Can demonstrate understanding of the success in practice philosophy and strategies
3. Will participate in recitals and recital rehearsals and positively support other students in the studio community
4. Will actively support the credo that the most important gift every musician owns, is the ability to focus his/her powers toward constant improvement.
5. Families will provide praise and support focussed around the student’s appropriate efforts, but warmly remind students that lessons, practice and improvment are mandatory, that the concept of “fun” isn’t necessarily part of the conversation.