How a violin practice transforms your life.
(this article first appeared at http://InvincibleViolinist.com)
1. Learning how to truly master specific skills leads to a fulfilled life.
2. Motions and actions are how you shape your basic approach to the instrument. Using simplicity, ease and mastery moves you through life gracefully.
3. Practice is defining specific goals. Defining. Specific. Constant clarity.
4. Practice strategies are the pathway to your mastery. Thus choosing work that matters and doing that work mindfully, will produce a high quality result.
5. Performing is creating work that is important to other people. Like sales and marketing hinges on understanding others interests, problems and aspirations.
6. Performing is also facing up to your challenges. Life presents us with such challenges on a regular basis.
7. Choosing the violin (or any instrument) teaches you to define and implement large projects.
The violin or any instrument becomes transformational when (and only when) you approach it from this larger perspective.
If you’re in it just to learn a couple of songs, that’s OK too. Just don’t expect any more than a quick diversion.